Thinking of hiring the services of a man with van or a removal company. Before making your decision, there are a few things you should consider as there are distinct differences between a man and van vs removal company.
Moving house or premises is one of the most stressful events in our lives, along with death and divorce. Ensuring you employ the right people to help with your move is essential. Below is a list of valid points for reflection, once answered will help you determine whether a man with a van or a removal company is best suited for the task.
Man and Van vs Removal Company
1) Consider the accumulated mileage involved moving from point A to point B. Remember to account for any additional stoppages to pick up other items that may be in storage or another location.
2) What types of items need to be moved, (sofa’s, wardrobes, fridges, washing machines, desks, garden shed). It really helps to make a list, as this will give you a real sense of the size of the move.
3) Do you require help with packaging, valuable items should always be carefully packed. Your belongings can become easily damaged in transit unless additional precautions are taken.
4) Have you considered labour, do you need help to move, if you do, how much help, one, two or three men.
5) Probably one of the most important factors when considering a man and van vs removal company, COST. What is your budget for your move.
Related: Garden Waste Removal Guide
Man with Van Removals & Clearances
After considering the points above, I’m sure you have a better understanding of who you need to hire. Let’s clarify the difference between a man and van vs removal company.
A man with a van would be Ideally suited for smaller house moves, partial removals or single items. Your final destination should not be excessively far from the origin, allowing for multiple trips if required.
Some man and van services have several vehicles available for hire (luton van, lwb van, swb van). Depending on the number of items, size, weight and distance would determine the type of vehicle.
Reputable man and van services, including ourselves, housily are fully licensed to goods and waste. Should you need to dispose of certain items, then a man and van offering house clearances might be a good option.
Related: Rubbish Removal North Down, Bangor
If your relocating or simply moving city, hiring a dedicated moving company might make more sense. Removal companies are equipped with large removal trucks that can handle full house moves without having to make a return journey. They also offer a packaging service where all your belongings are professionally wrapped, boxed, labeled and loaded.
Some of the additional services offered are: (storage, international relocation, furniture removal, house & office removals). Most established removal companies are licenced and insured to handle your goods.
The major downside is cost, most large removal companies are Vat registered, so your automatically paying an extra 20%. Add on additional services, packaging, helpers, and the cost of your move could suddenly skyrocket.
Man and Van vs Removal Company
From my own personal point of view managing a house clearance company. If you’re looking for the most affordable solution for small to medium size removals and clearances. Then a man and van service would be the cheaper choice, we don’t charge VAT, all prices include fuel and labour. We do all the heavy lifting, are fully insured, licensed and value your custom.
Interested in pre booking our man and van service. Use our contact form, select a suitable date and provide a brief description of the items to be moved or cleared. Either myself, Andrew or Terry will give you a call to provide a quotation.